Everyone is after a more beautiful lawn each year, so why not avoid simple mistakes that many make and help your lawn to become the envy of the neighborhood. Here are 7 typical landscaping mistakes to avoid this year.
- Not watering plants – as winter is upon us make sure that you don’t forget to water. Depending on the region in which you live, watering cannot be completely ignored. Fruit trees, hedges, shrubs and your lawn all need to be watered. Lack of watering will result in dehydration and /or disease.
- Manicuring your lawn to the extreme – We tend to get caught up in the immediate appearance of our yards and forget that extreme amounts of anything, can actually end up hurting rather than perfecting. Make sure to know your species of grass and adjust accordingly. In the end make sure you are staying consistent with your recommended manicuring requirements.
- Using low quality mulch – When it comes time to purchase mulch, many of us look for the best deal possible. This may seem like a great idea at the time, but can actually end up as a nightmare when all is said and done. Poor quality mulch can bring disease and pests into your plants, with the possibility of spreading to your lawn. Make sure to buy quality mulch from a trusted supplier to avoid any headaches down the road.
- Not raking your yard – This always seems to be the dreaded chore each year and ends up getting put on the back burner. However putting it off could cause seriously damage. When raking is neglected, fungus and mold are much more likely to accumulate when it snows. Removing the leaves after the snow has arrived becomes and difficult task and can end up ruining your lawn.
- Avoiding minor pest issues – it’s easy to do, but should definitely not be ignored. As soon as you notice a minor pest issue act quickly. Pest problems usually just get worse over time and become a lot more difficult to get rid of.
- Not stocking up on yard supplies – as fall approaches it becomes the perfect time to stock up on yard supplies. This is when you see great deals and discounts on tools, soil, pots, seeds and more. Spend in the fall to save more in the spring.
- Delay spring planting – Start your planting early. When your planting gets delayed, it gives your new plants less time to mature and grow.
Make sure your yard is set up for success. Avoid these 7 landscaping mistakes that always seem to get the best of us and make your landscape stand out from the rest. Share in the comments below about landscaping mistakes you have made and how you avoid them.